Russian version of Age of Conan coming in Q4
Funcom press contacts: Russian version of Age of Conan coming in Q4
Jørgen Tharaldsen, Product Director, Funcom
+47 41 33 41 47 (Global press)
Erling Ellingsen, Product Manager, Funcom
+47 48 86 71 07 (European press)
- 1C Company to run and operate a fully localized version in partnership with Funcom-
Durham, USA – July 31, 2008
– Funcom and 1C Company announces the signing of a Service Partnership Agreement for a Russian version of Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
. According to the agreement 1C will fully localize voice and text and operate local customer service, communities, websites and in-game support for Age of Conan
in Russian, while Funcom takes care of back-end technology, server infrastructure and continuous development of the game. A dedicated Russian realm is to be created, giving the Russian community an opportunity to stay together and communicate with each other in their native language.
The agreement shows Funcom and 1C Company’s full dedication to the growing Eastern European market, and is another important step in ensuring long-term success for Age of Conan
through-out numerous languages and regions.
“1C Company is a clear leader in the Russian speaking regions, and we are confident we have found the perfect partner,” said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. “We have already shipped a substantial amount of English boxes into Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, but we know that the real key to success is achieved through localized servers and services. Together with 1C Company we will do our uttermost to make Age of Conan
a success for many years to come.”
“We are happy working together with Funcom on bringing Age of Conan
to Russia. The game has already gained success here, reaching top places in many retail charts. With an already established fan base in Russia I’m sure it will become even bigger after the localized version appears on the market,” said Nikolay Baryshnikov, International Sales Director of 1C Company. “Age of Conan
is a great mix of action, RPG elements and adventure. I believe that the game has potential to become a big hit in Russia.”
Age of Conan
launched this spring, and instantly became one of the fastest selling PC Games of all times, topping the charts in more than 17 countries. The unique mix of real-time action combat, incredible graphics and mature MMO content turned it into a massive success. Russian gamers will get access to the same version, and all updates and additions to the game will be released in Russian at the same time as other languages. The final release date for the Russian version is still to be set, but the game will come out during Q4 2008.
Russian will be the sixth language Age of Conan becomes available in, and launch in additional languages and territories is actively pursued by Funcom. For more information or to order Age of Conan
– either in English, German, French or Spanish – visit the official website at www.ageofconan.com
where you also can access the respective community websites.
_ _ _
- Funcom is an independent developer and publisher of online games for PC, consoles and mobile platforms. Funcom has provided outstanding entertainment since 1993 and continues to expand its track-record of more than twenty released games. Recent titles include 'The Longest Journey', 'Anarchy Online', 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey' and ‘Age of Conan’. For corporate information please visit www.funcom.com
. For information about Funcom games visit www.anarchy-online.com
. Funcom is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker FUNCOM.
About 1C Company
- 1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of business, entertainment and educational software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the largest publisher and distributor of computer and video games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal developments of 1C include IL-2 Sturmovik series and Theatre of War. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles including titles like King of the Road, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Perimeter, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King’s Bounty.
About Conan Properties International LLC
- Conan Properties International LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Paradox Entertainment Inc., controls rights to Conan, many associated characters and the Hyborian world, as created by Robert E. Howard and various rights expanded upon by many acclaimed authors and artists. Many consider Conan the world's best-known fantasy character. For more information about Conan Properties International LLC, visit www.conan.com
. For information about Paradox Entertainment Inc., visit www.paradox-entertainment.com
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.